In vitro studies are those that are conducted on components (instead of whole) isolated from a living organism such as organs, cells, components of cells such as ribosomes or mitochondria, extracts of cells such as reticulocyte or cell molecules such as acids or proteins. Vitro means glass. The invitro studies are conducted in test tubes and culture dish.
Upto the end of year 2010, there have been 28 in-vitro studies published in 19 medical journals in evidence of homeopathy. These 28 in-vitro studies are part of the total 300 studies in evidence of homeopathy till 2010.
1. 28 studies does not include studies on benefits of homeopathy on plants and animals.
2. 28 studies does not include ‘positive but ‘statistically non-significant’ studies.
3. 19 journals comprises of 14 integrative, 1 homeopathy and 4 CAM journals.
4. All journals beyond the year 1893 are peer-reviewed.
5. URL Links to all 28 studies (Journal-wise) including 15 FULL TEXT PDF papers are available as compendium on this webpage as well as read at or downloaded from Google Drive
The compendium is prepared by mining 7 online databases: PubMed Central (National Library of medicine, USA), MedWorm, British library Direct (type homeopathy in search box), Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (type homeopathy in search box), Scirus, Google Scholar and HomBRex
1. Nonlinear Biomedical Physics
Influence of diluted mediators on fungal laccase activity (2009) FULL TEXT // bi-phase action, in vitro & in vivo
2. International Journal of Oncology
Ruta 6 induces cell deaths in brain cancer cells: A novel treatment for human brain cancer (2003) FULL TEXT // in vitro and in vivo
Cytotoxic effects of ultra-diluted remedies on breast cancer cells (2010) FULL TEXT // Carcinosin 30c, Phytolacca Decandra 200c, Conium 3c and Thuja 30c for breast cancer
3. Experimental Biology and Medicine
Anti-cancer activity of Gelsimium 2-4c (2008) FULL TEXT
4. Innovation et technologie en biologie et médecine (French) (meaning) Innovation and Technology in Biology and Medicine
Effect of Apis mellifica on the in vitro human basophil degranulation (1986) // incubation of basophils with high dilutions of Apis mellifica inhibits allergen-induced basophil degranulation
5. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
In vitro immunological degranulation of human basophils is modulated by Lung histamine 5c,15c,18c and Apis mellifica 9c,10c (1988) FULL TEXT //blind experiment
6. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology
7 Ultrastructural Pathology (Informa)
http://www.canovadobrasil.com.br/uploads/study/Publicado%20n%C2%B0%2011%20-%20Pretorius-1269524789.pdf (2008) FULL TEXT // combination remedy
8. Genetics and Molecular Research
http://www.canovadobrasil.com.br/uploads/study/Publicado%20n%C2%B0%202%20-%20Rommel-1269523794.pdf FULL TEXT (2003) // combination remedy
9. Clinical and Developmental Immunology (Taylor and Francis)
Traummel S activates immunocytes (2004) FULL TEXT // combination remedy
Antioxidative, antiproliferative and biochemical effects of Hepeel (Carduus marianus, Cinchona, Lycopodium, Nux moschata, Colocynthis D6, Veratrum album D6, Chelidonium, Phosphorus D6) in HepG2 cells (2003) // combination remedy
Homeopathic medicines in 1X to 30X potencies enhanced the phagocytic activity of granulocytes (1986) // in vitro & in vivo
11. Journal of Crystal Growth
12. Inflammation Research
Zeel comp. N (Arnica montana, Sanguinaria canadensis and Rhus toxicodendron) inhibits the production of Leukotriene B4; Solanum dulcamara Q inhibits the production of Prostaglandin E2 (2004) FULL TEXT // anti-inflammatory, single as well as combination remedy
13. Integrative Cancer Therapies
14. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology
Hepeel prevented cadmium chloride-induced cell death in liver cells (2009) // China Q and Nux moschata Q protected against loss of glutathione and lipid peroxidation. Carduus marianus Q demonstrated anti-apoptotic effects, single & in combination
http://www.canovadobrasil.com.br/uploads/study/Publicado%20n%C2%B0%2013%20-%20Rommel%20II-1269524988.pdf FULL TEXT (2009), combination remedy
Canovas as Immunomodulator (2009) FULL TEXT // review article
2. British Homoeopathic Journal
1. Complementary Therapies in Medicine
The in vitro evidence for an effect of high homeopathic potencies—A systematic review (2007) FULL TEXT // 73% of 67 in-vitro experiments published in 75 publications showed specific effects with high dilutions including 68% of high quality experiments
2. Forschende Komplementärmedizin (German) meaning Research in Complimentary Medicine
3. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
Immune-modulatory effects of Phase 6 and Flu Terminator (2007) // elicts human immune response. Phase 6 and flu terminator are complex remedies
4. Forschende Komplementärmedizin und Klassische Naturheilkunde (German ) meaning Research in Complementary and Classical Natural Medicine
Euphorbium, Pulsitilla & Luffa for viral infection of respiratory tract, Influenza A virus & rhino virus (2001) FULLTEXT // Euphorbium Compositum compared to anti-viral drugs such as acyclovir, rabavirin and amatadine
|No. of studies||No. of Journals||Type of Journal|
Studies Beyond year 2010